Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Valentine's Decor?!

I'm not usually one to make altered items, but when I saw this little mailbox last night at Walmart for 4 dollars, I couldn't help it. I tossed the premade valentines that were inside, and dug out my favorite Valentine papers from my stash. ( These were  from Fancy Pants' Splendid line).
A little ribbon from Bo bunny, a Doodlebug Frill and lots of glittered chipboard ( American Crafts, Scrapworks) and voila!
What I love most about this are the LED's that go on when the door is opened. I  punched holes in the pp to make room for them, then added some large eyelets to frame them. I hope this holds up to the abuse of my boys for at least a couple of years!



I'm sure gonna have fun filling this up with love notes for my guys!

3 comments:

JJ Sobey said...

very cute! And will LED's? Gonna have to check the WMT in Dorion!

Teri said...

So so so so cute!! I love it! :)

Igagnon76 said...

AAAAHHHH!!! this is sooooooo cute!!!