Thursday, February 18, 2010

Zombies can't scrapbook

Or at least I don't think they can. Yes it's past midnight and I'm up. What you don't know, (and now will) is that I've only been up for a half hour. We got the kids to bed by 7:30 today as usual, as soon as I closed the door to my 3 year old's room, I crawled into our room and into bed fully clothed. I heard my husband ask incredulously "You going to sleep?" and remember muttering something like " "just for a little minute" as if I was already halfway to dreamland, and not able to speak coherently anymore.

I haven't been sleeping much lately, and was wondering why my creative drive suddenly vanished. no warning just *pooF* gone. Well duh! I'm going back to bed after this post, and hopefully Mr. Mojo will be waiting for me tomorrow when I wake up. ( Hopefully Mrs. Patience is there too, my kids miss her horribly!)

This week's challenge at Practical Scrappers is to use flowers. Using flowers isn't really a challenge for most people, but if you're like me, you've got tons of them, and no reason to get them on a layout. While I'm not at all opposed to putting flowers on boy pages, it's not something I do all the time.

I thought of using flowers this week as a base for my layout, instead of just as icing for it.  I had seen a really cool layout ( can't seem to find it again-sorry!) with layered circles behind the main photo. I thought- hey why not use flowers instead?

 
You may recognize the photos of my doggy nephew Winston from a post a few weeks back. He visited again this past week end, and although he's much bigger already, he's still just as cute!
I added Glimmer mist to all my flowers, and an assortment of bling.

Materials: 
Pp: Bella Blvd, Pebbles, Jillibean Soup
Flowers: Prima 
Glimmer mist: Tattered Angels ( Raven, Tattered Leather, Coffee House, Pumkin)
Letters: American Crafts, My Little Shoebox
Bling: Martha Stewart, Mark Richards
The dogs were cut using my Cricut ( a Child's Year) and embossed with the swiss dot Cuttlebug folder.
they are cut from kraft paper sprayed with Glimmer mist.

12 comments:

Barb Craft said...

What a darling little puppy! And such cute photos too!! I love the way you used the flowers behind the picture, and those colors... very cool!
Barb :)

Amanda said...

OMG Erin, this is just the cutest LO and puppy I have seen.. Your page just makes me smile when I look at it and the colors you used are beautiful..

Amanda :0)

Anna said...

Beautiful LO-love all the details. I think the flowers work great!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

I can so relate to your post! I have had many nights when I crawl into be fully clothed. Not to mention last week, Mrs. Patience went missing in our home. Thank you for letting me know I am not alone.

Hope you find your Mojo! Love the layers and the fab color scheme.

Hugs.
Tanya

Fern said...

This is absolutely adorable!!! Love those sweet photos and your flowers are amazing!!! I love it, Erin!!!

Teri said...

What a great idea!! :)

Heidi M said...

Hi Erin! What a sweet layout you made for the flower challenge! I love the earth tones and how you used the flowers for the base - great idea. And the pictures of your puppy are adorable!

Heidi :)

Anne said...

A sweet Lo with a to cute puppy!
Thanks for the nice comment on my blog! =)

Hugs, Anne

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so sweet Erin!! I love your color choices and your layout!!! Too cute!! I love the addition of all those flowers and how did the sentiment.

I am with you on the lack of sleep. i hope you catch up soon.

Have a great weekend!

~Chris

Crystal said...

What a cutie puppy! Great job on teh flowers, love the colors! I love our DT!

Chelsea said...

I'm glad you had your much needed sleep. :) Winston is adorable on your layout and the the flowers are Beautiful. ~Chelsea

Unknown said...

I love your work on your blog, PS and the Cricut MB. Hope your mojo comes back soon!!

Stop by my blog ~ I have a blog award for you!!