Thursday, October 27, 2011

The name game.


This page was about a month in the making- no joke. I printed the photos not long after I took them, and they sat...and sat...and sat until I was rummaging through my papers one day and pulled out some old Dreamstreet papers thinking " will I ever use these?- how about now!" then I did the distressing and stuck the photos down and the whole thing sat again for a couple of weeks this time. The whole time, we are making each other crazy throwing out and rejecting each other's name choices for a dog. The cutest was Parker who exclaimed one morning at snack: " I know!" we can call the puppy Bumblebee..."then he said "NAwwwww" to tell me he was teasing, then suddenly he lit up like a lightbulb and said "let's call the puppy Raisintoast!" He was so proud of himself, I didn't have the heart to tell him it was too silly. Speaking of silliness,  Ethan for weeks kept asking f we could just call the puppy "Puppy" and then he decided Sweetie was his favorite. For the record, I was ok with Sweetie, Mark not so much.

 So the whole page evolved from a page about how excited the boys were to get all the puppy "stuff", and became about our quest for a name. you cam tell by the photos anyway how excited they were to try out her things.

Materials:
Paper: Dreamstreet
letter stickers: Basic Grey,Jillibean Soup, Fancy Pants, Studio Calico, Bella Blvd.
Tim Holtz Mini staples
Viva Decor Pearl Pens
pencil
pen: pilot

Our final choice in the end is Ruby, I'll share a photo soon!

Erin.

5 comments:

JJ Sobey said...

For the record, I think RaisinToast would have been awesome, and rather in line with the bizarre names breeders often put the the registries... ;)

Cool idea to document this debate, and a great way to use those photos.

D said...

What a great way to use your photos! So creative :)

Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mara Campbell said...

What a fun layout!!! I love how you documented all the names. RaisinToast is a total crack up!

Lynn said...

I think her name should be raisin toast as well....lol or Roxie now that is a good name