Sunday, October 16, 2011

Just Like Grandad

Around this time 3 years ago, my Father-in-law passed away from cancer. A few weeks earlier, he had used his last bit of strength to fly from Chicago to Montreal to meet his second grandson for the first and last time. I wasn't conscious of the coincidence of timing when I printed this photo tonight to do a page, but I'm happy I finally documented this little anecdote, and am missing him even more now.

 

The design is based on a sketch by Anna Bjorklund for the Pencil lines blog.

I used two gorgeous sheets of paper from Studio Calico, and a tonne of stamps from Hero Arts, Tattered Angels, Prima Marketing, MME, and Memory Essentials. Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Staz On, Ranger Distress Crackle Paint, Adirondack Paint Dabber, Goosebumps Texture Spray. Copic Marker, Copic Multiliner, Omer De Serres Washi tape, Webster's Pages letter stickers and Basic Grey letter stickers.

6 comments:

Tasha said...

What a wonderful layout! That photo is adorable and I love the title... strange how we notice the little things in our children that remind us of others. Thanks for playing along with us at Pencil Lines!

Debbie P said...

What a beautiful layout. Lovely colors and product used. Such a wonderful story and photo. Well done!

Lynn said...

I love this page perfect ly

Mara Campbell said...

Ah, this is so sweet. Your sweet page and journaling compliment the photo so well.

JJ Sobey said...

I love love love all the stamping you did on this. It's fantastic.

Ann said...

Your stamping is gorgeous on this beautiful page, Erin! Great inspiration for stamping on layouts here!