Friday, May 28, 2010

Inspiration for the Week-end.

If you are in need of some sketch inspiration, check out Practical Scrappers every Friday for some great card and layout sketches by design team members. 

Here's a layout I did following this week's sketch by Pia. It's not my usual style, but that's because I used a digital stamp from Squigglefly to make the file for the Elephant. All I did was import the image into SCAL,  resized and cut away on my Cricut. I opted to hand cut the patterned paper for the ears and feet, as well as the toes, just to save time and paper, but I could have done them on the cricut too. I then added a bit of shading using my Copics.

Can you believe that I haven't scrapped any ultrasound photos yet of Ethan or Parker? I have tons of them too, as I usually get one or 2 per visit from my doctor. Let's hope I can still find them! 
I embossed the felt flowers with a Cuttlebug folder, and was surprised at the definition I got in the texture. I also needed something on the top flower to mimic the Flair, so I stuck an American Crafts sticker to a white brad.

Materials: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper
Patterned Paper: American Crafts
Digital Stamp: Squigglefly ( Baby Elephant) 
Flowers: Jillibean Soup, American Crafts
Thread: Gutterman
letters: American Crafts, Basic Grey
Sticker: American Crafts
Flair: American Crafts
Brad: Unknown
Markers: Copics


4 comments:

JJ Sobey said...

Super cute!!

OK - spill - I want all the details on embossing the felt! Which brand, and did you coat the felt with anything first? (Stiffener?)

Erin Morehouse said...

They're American Crafts flowers. They are a thinner felt, and kinda stiffened already- I didn't need to do anything to them.

Claude said...

THat is super cute!

bubble7425 said...

hmmmm... Erin, I see pink flowers... does that mean anything?? Is my prediction true??