Tuesday, May 15, 2012

'Shhh... Be vewy vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbits.'

Tonight's reveal of Scrapping with the Stars Challenge #9 is underway on the LCOM forum.  I thought I'd share my layout here with you, but you really should come and join us and check out all the contestants. There will be a double elimination this week, and then the last three will duke it out! Loads of fun!
The challenge was to use a large 5x7 photo, or multiples that would cover the same area.  We had to use at least 3 flowers, a flourish of some sort, at least one button, ribbon or trim, a die cut ( chipboard or cardstock) and have a one word title.


I used papers from the new American Crafts Amy Tan, Sketchbook collection. I love these so much! You probably can't even tell where I added my own watercoloring with Caran D'ache. Some of it is pre-printed, and some is the real deal. I cut strips of the chevron ribbon to work as leaves behind my flowers, and accented the stamped flourish with a black Pearl Pen by Viva Decor, and added doodles around my title letters...Now about those wabbits...

I love rabbits, and seem to be collecting various bunny punches, stickers and stamps at a surprising rate. Because they make me so happy, and sneaking them onto scrapbook pages seems like a random playful thing I'd have fun doing, that's exactly what is happening. I can't promise that EVERY page will have a bunny, but many will. If you feel like it, and you spot a bunny on any of my pages, let me know in the comments that you found one.

Materials: 
pp: American Crafts
Stamps: Fancy Pants, Lawn Fawn
Ink: Staz On, Caran D'ache Neocolor, Tim Holtz Distress Stain
Ribbon: Green Tara
Flowers: Prima, Blue Hills Studio, Making Memories, Hero Arts
Chipboard: Fancy Pants
buttons: Crate Paper and misc.
Viva Decor Pearl Pen
letters: Ki Memories

Happy Hunting, 


2 comments:

JJ Sobey said...

I see a bunny!

Christa said...

Such a bright sunny design. The yellows and pinks are uber trendy right now! LOve how it turned out! Good Luck!