Tuesday, May 1, 2012

All About the Boys

I can't get enough of challenges, I've said it before, but it definitely helps me to choose an area of focus when I'm inundated with a million photos I want to work with and a zillion choices of product to use. 
So I signed up for Scrapping with the Stars with the ladies over on the LCOM forum. We're 7 challenges in so far, and I have 7 new pages to show for it! hopefully I can hang in there longer without being eliminated so I can get more done!

 
Challenge # 4 from Michelle Gallant. For this one I used a bunch of scrap papers from my trimmer drawer, the challenge was to use 
-one 4x6 photo
-neutral hues
-flowers and bling
-only patterned paper
 -and to mat EVERYTHING in black

Craziness I tell you!! I love the look of the black matting, but it requires way too much prep work for my liking. I'll save this kind of thing for when I've got lots of patience for cutting, and lots of thinking to do.
Paper: Echo Park, My Mind's Eye, Graphic 45, KI Memories, Scrapbook Walls?
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper
flowers: Prima
bling: Zva Creative, Doodlebug design Inc, Basic Grey



This one was for Challenge #3 from Heather. Right up my alley with the exception of the journaling tag, so I focused on that. My dimension comes from several tags that are pop dotted, although you can't tell very well from this photo.

-Bright colours
-“Boy” embellishments. No flowers or bling. 
-Pattern paper background
-Handwritten journaling on journaling card/tag or label stickers
-Something with dimension (not just flat on the page)
-Title with more than one size of font

journaling tags /stickers: Jillibean Soup, Creative Cafe and Luxe Designs
paper: Fancy Pants, Bella Blvd.
letters: Reminisce,Heidi Swapp?
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper
Sharpie

 I'll be back this week to share a few more from the challenge, and to let you know if I'm going to be around to do challenge #8...

0 comments: