Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Wanna be a winner too?


I decided to give my own sketch a shot during Saturday's Crop for the Cure crop put on by Scrapbook Star.  My scrapping buddies were all very supportive too, and used the sketch for layouts and a card. 
Lucky thing, because My friend Bella was the winner over at Practical Scrappers for the polymer embellishments. 

There's still a chance for you to win your own set of custom embellies, just leave me a comment telling me what kind of embellishments you'd like to see, or what paper collection you'd like to have stuff to match.

I'm up for a challenge, and will be breaking out the clay after picking Friday's winner at random. 



This layout is very strange for me, since I made the sketch, many of the papers, and coloured the digital stamp accents ( stamps by Dustin Pike). I find the distressing and cute stamp mix a little different, but somehow it works I guess! The square papers ( excluding the red and black diamond pattern) were made using Impression obsession stamps, Distress inks, and loads of Glimmer mist. The black and white papers are from MME. Stamps coloured with Copic markers, coated with Glossy Accents. Add some black distress ink, some distress Stickles, letter stickers by Basic Grey and Cosmo Cricket and there you have it.

4 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

I thought this was really cute, and the sketch worked with so many different kinds of paper and themes!
I thought it would be cute to see shapes like birds or even buttons with designs on them like circles, etc.

Teri said...

I think it's awesome! Love the "distressed" journaling! :)

Ginny said...

LOVE how you used Dustin's images on this FAB LO

Cindy Groh said...

Great LO:)