Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summer fun

Trying to keep both kids contained in our yard is not an easy task. Because we live on a corner lot, and have a sunken stone patio in the backyard,  the most kid friendly space we have is the big expanse of grass and driveway in the front and side of our house. Kids being kids, they usually end up going in two different directions, and get too close to the road for my liking. Thank goodness for sidewalk chalk!

Even though Parker is still just making lines and scribbles, and Ethan is only starting to make circles, and adding some details like eyes and smiles, they have a blast with the chalk. Mama and Daddy get lots of requests for various animals, flowers and such, then the boys "colour" them in.

Due to my recent computer crash ( which I may start referring to as the Great Crash of 2010) I find myself with a huge lack of pictures to scrap, and more incentive to make sure I take the camera along with me. I'm getting photos of things I don't think I would normally have taken. trips to the park, pool, and everyday play at our house.

This is the layout I did for this week's challenge at Practical Scrappers. The challenge is to use any type of cartoon/animation on a page or card. Anyone who knows me, knows that this is not a huge challenge - I love cute characters! I dug through my stuff intent on showing some love to some much neglected items. It makes me happy to use old stuff collecting dust, and to use new stuff right away. This layout is a mix of both.


I used some Colorbox inks ( chalk and pigment) to stamp all the little Imaginisce animals on the black cardstock. I took a cloth and buffed them a bit before they dried completely just to add to the chalkboard effect.  There are red crabs in there too, but they don't show as well in the photo. I also added a few spritzes of the new chalk Glimmer mist before adding the Fancy Pants sun, Basic Grey letters ( I love these!!) , Bella blvd journaling spot, Making Memories flower, and MME die cut lizard.

3 comments:

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

I saw this at Practical Scrappers and loved it! Very creative! I'm sorry about your computer crash. I would have cried. It's a big loss. :0/

This really is a fantastic layout!

Barb said...

What a CUTE layout and adorable photos! I love this. And I read your July 8 post too, about being halfway there... I'm glad you're doing well. :)

Barb Craft said...

Erin...this LO is sooo adorable!! That paper could not be any more perfect for those photos!!! Isn't it great to scrap some of the everyday stuff?!! Love this one!!
Barb :)