Thursday, July 1, 2010

On the edge

Border punches and deco scissors oh my!
Yep, you guessed right, that's this week's challenge over at Practical Scrappers. I have about 40 pairs of deco scissors (I refuse to do an exact count in case I have more than that), and very very rarely use them anymore. Why then do you ask did I go out and purchase border punch after border punch? ( no I won't even take a guess at a number here!)
I think both should have take a place ( ok maybe a smaller one) in every scrapbooker's arsenal.
Deco scissors can go where border punches can't ie. rounded shapes. each pair comes with two decorative options- don't believe me? Just flip your scissors over!
Anyone who's ever tried to cut a straight line with a pair will also see the value in a border punch.
The new designs for border punches are also often irresistible; from the simplest scallop, to stars, cupcakes, bunnies, flowers, lace- you name it!

So I've dusted all mine off, and come up with a page that's far from my usual boyish comfort zone.
I might just find a use for all those frilly edges after all!


Happy Canada Day! I hope to come back today or tomorrow with some pictures from the day.

Erin


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That page is awesome. I got rid of all my decorative scissors. lol

Unknown said...

I love your maybe girl layout! all of your edges and the little journaling box at the top are just great!!!!
We really should use these scissors more often!!!I think Ashlea has claimed all of mine!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Teri said...

Very cute! :)

Cheryl said...

Awww, this is so sweet!


Cheryl
http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You mean I'm not the only person who can't cut a straight line with those stupid scissors? Ack, it's so frustrating yet I keep trying! :)

LOVE this layout. I like the strip of children going across, but really the subject matter the most and your title.

Corinna