Thursday, July 29, 2010

No Challenge!

I was nervous at first when I read that this week's challenge for Practical Scrappers was to use at least 7 different things on a layout. OK- I guess I haven't sat back and counted before now, because it seems I actually do this on a regular basis...who new?!

The resulting page this week is different for me, because it focused more on memorabilia than on photos.  The ultrasound picture featured looks like nothing to most, but it's the shot the doctor took after finding "it"- you know the anatomy bit that seemed to be hiding six weeks previously...

This will hopefully balance out the very pink and girly " Just Maybe" page in the baby's album.









I  used a 6x6 inch envelope to hold the extra ultrasound photos, the DVD as well as the journaling. I punched the edge of the envelope flap just to remove the adhesive, and give it more "frill" I then punched and coloured a heart and glued just the bottom portion of it to the envelope so that the flap can tuck under it once closed. The digital stamp is from one of our sponsors Digi Doodle. I had no idea how I was going to use it when I chose it last month, but I think it landed on the perfect page- even got me to use up that MME transparency that I've had forever!

other Materials used:
PP: October Afternoon, Basic Grey
Cardstock: Coredinations
Letters: American Crafts
Flowers: Prima Maarketing
Gems: Doodlebug Designs Inc.
Pearls: Zva
Rubber stamps: Hero Arts
Markers: Copic
Border
Ink: Memento
Punch: Martha Stewart

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sooo pretty. I love it. Now, come over and help me get inspired to scrap! :)

laterg8r said...

totally adorable, great use of memorabilia and the envelope :D

Igagnon76 said...

looks gorgeous!

Lynn said...

beautiful as always but this one looks a little more special love the lace look on the envelope and you are one of only a few people that can use flowers on a boy page successfully ly

Unknown said...

Erin,
This is incredible! I love all the soft detail and the mailbox is the perfect touch! The envelope with the extra ultra sound photos is perfect!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx