Monday, July 19, 2010

Baby news!

I know a few of you are waiting for this post.

I had my 22 week ultrasound done today, the doctor examined the heart, saw the 4 chambers and listened to the heartbeat.The kidneys and all other major organs look good too. Measurements were taken of the head, the abdomen, the femur, all measuring in accordance with my previously expected due date of November 25th. My placenta looks good, so does the fluid.  The words "very active baby" and "lots of umbilical cord" were uttered several times by the doctor before he stopped, looked at me very solemnly and said: "I have some bad news..."

My heart stopped beating, I stopped breathing, then waited what seemed like minutes more than seconds before he continued. " you're having a boy" he said- "That is the best news you could  possibly give me!" I replied, as the blood and oxygen started to circulate again in my system.  I watched him again for a split second just in case that too was part of the joke, and he was going to tell me it was really a girl.
I think he apologized  to us over 10 times during the rest of the exam because he felt bad for having made us think for 6 weeks that we might be having a little girl.

That darn umbilical cord! This time it's 100% certain, we all saw it on the screen, no mistaking the parts this time. His 100%'s haven't been wrong once in the last 30+ years, and I couldn't be happier- now to pick a name!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! That is exciting!

Igagnon76 said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys!

D said...

I'm so excited for you!!!! Such wonderful news :)) Now you get to shop for all those darling boy clothes.

Lynn said...

Yippee another wonderful little grandson to fill my heart. I am so excited for sure