Thursday, August 20, 2009

Scraps happen.

I love scraps and I hate them all at the same time. Part of me loves the freedom of not caring how scraps get used, compared to the stressed feeling I still face every time I cut into a pristine sheet of paper that I really like. But I also don't like the never ending nature of scraps. They are like loose ends that can never be tied up. The more I scrapbook, the more the pile of scraps grows, and I fear that I will never use up my scraps as efficiently as I seem to create them. This feeling led me to dig out my punches this week, and try and make a dent in my cardstock scraps. Ethan and I sat on the floor in my scrapbook room and punched to our hearts content. He was sooo happy when he actually was able to make one of the punches work all on his own ( a lot of effort for a 2 1/2 year old!) My thought was I'd keep all the shapes in a container for Ethan to use now that he's mastered the art of wasting -er I mean using my tape runner. Funny thing was that only after we punched most of the cardstock scraps into itty bitty pieces did I see the challenge this week on the practical scrappers blog...

This week the challenge is to use only scraps to create your layout ( aside from the base cardstock or pp.) Out came Ethan's container full of squares and circles!

In my opinion, it still needs Thickers or something, I'm just not used to such a flat page. It did take me in a different direction than usual though.

Oh yeah- this dirty little boy is now walking 4 or 5 feet at a time and is able to squat to pick up toys, return to standing and even remain upright while in a tug of war with his big brother. Next week he'll be keeping me running I'm sure!

3 comments:

Claude said...

You are doing great with these challenges!

Christine said...

This is your week! You were chosen as one of the challenge winners this week-I'm so glad you posted! Thanks for participating!

Lynn said...

I love this page it is priceless. Love that little dirty face lol but the way you have used scraps is wonderful. ly :)