Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's blog hop

Welcome to the Practical Scrappers Blog Hop 
where we are Scrapping our Stash.
If you're participating in the Blog hop, you should have arrived from Majken Pullin's Blog
 
This month the Practical Scrappers Team are using up the old Valentine's day product we had almost forgotten we had! Be sure to visit the Practical Scrappers Blog to learn about our sponsor Kiwi Lane Designs and find out how you could win a prize.
 
 
I didn't even think I owned any older Valentine paper when I started out on this challenge. Turns out I have a substantial selection in addition to the new papers I bought this year.
What I also have a ton of are hearts! Felt, chipboard, wood, satin, glitter, pins, buttons etc. I mean I use hearts on my pages, but with 4 boys, I tend to grab more stars and circles before the hearts get used- especially the pink glittery ones!
 
Materials: 
Pp: Fancy Pants Design, Echo Park
Chipboard and felt hearts: American Crafts
Satin and plastic heart: Dollarama
Tag: American Crafts
Buttons: Doodlebug Design Inc.
Border strips: Doodlebug Design Inc, Bazzill Basics Paper
Stickers: Pink Paislee, October Afternoon

Then I grabbed the new papers I had from Crate Paper's collection Love Notes. To make another Valentines day layout. I decided to use up some more of the hearts, some brads , and Jillibean Soup Die cuts (Arrows) that I made with my Silhouette.

 
I love how the chalkboard papers work with my blurry black and white photo. I loved this picture and just had to find a way to make it work.  

Materials: 
Pp: Crate Paper, BBP
Chipboard Hearts: Scrapworks
Satin and felt heart: Dollarama
Brads: Simple Stories
Stamps: Prima Marketing
Die Cuts: Jillibean Soup- Silhouette

In honor of Valentine's Day, and our Scrap your Stash Blog Hop, I'm going to give away a selection of heart embellishments from my stash for fun. Just leave me a comment to qualify for the random draw.
Next you should be headed to see what Lisa Peeples has done with her love themed goodies...

This is a big list of blogs, with many offering prizes of their own, so visit as many as you can. 


 Practical Scrappers Blog Hop List
Happy Valentine's Day!!

12 comments:

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

I Looovvveee these! So cute and what a great way to use up your hearts on your boy layouts!

Iris said...

Love the background papers on both your cute layouts - especially the polka dot paper.
isoscia at aol dot com

Unknown said...

A couple of super cute layouts! Love all the details!

LauraEva said...

WOW---what amazing layouts!

Kim said...

Loving both of your layouts! Super cute!
~Kim
new follower

Sue D said...

Great layouts using your stash of hearts!
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Karenladd said...

Wow, I just love your wonderful layouts! I especially like the first one, Sweet Thang. Those word strips and the red background are so fun and striking!

Christine said...

Love both of these Erin, that irst one is fabulous!

Kim Ryden said...

I love your layouts! SO CUTE!! I'm off to Pin them!

SHartl said...

LOVE your layouts! I am a beginning scrapper so I am always looking for great layout ideas and I really like your style!

Lissa said...

Two super fun projects -- love them both!

Lee-Anne said...

Both layouts are super cute Erin! Love them!