Thursday, November 1, 2012

Against the Grain

Why are sunglasses on kids so cute, and just how do they seem to know how cute they look? Rowan has discovered the sunglasses. Every time he comes across them at home, he brings them to me to put them on him. I spent an entire grocery shopping trip wondering why everyone kept looking at my son until I realized he was wearing his sunglasses the whole time.

These pictures capture the cuteness of the sunglasses, and the ham that they bring out of Rowan.
I used a stamp set from Sweet Stamp Shop all over the layout. I stamped a large woodgrain stamp directly onto my craft paper using Memento Ink. I love how the white printing on the paper still shows through.

I then stamped around the border of my page using the sentiment stamp.


Then I broke out the Staz On ink, and smaller round circle stamps to alter some white buttons. 


I really liked the birch paper from basic grey, and ripped a couple of strips off and rolled the edges securing with a little Helmar 450 Quick Dry before adding them to the page. The Quick Dry is also perfect for heavier embellishments like the buttons, wooden stars and title letters. 

Materials: 
Paper: American Crafts, Basic Grey
Washi Tape: AC Amy Tangerine
Wooden Accents: Pink Paislee, Studio Calico
Buttons: Bella Blvd, misc.
Ink: Memento, Tim Holtz Distress Stain, Straz On

1 comments:

Christa said...

Gorgeous! It really does capture his cuteness!